With technology improving at an incredible rate, people don’t have to leave their house to buy an item anymore. Same goes for selling it. You don’t have to go to a pawn shop or have a yard sale to get rid of an item you no longer need. Thanks to sites like eBay, people bid on items they need or want.
Here are the top 10 most weirdest items sold on eBay. Don’t be too shocked.
10. A Man’s Forehead - A person put his forehead up for sale as advertising space. He recieved $37,375 to advertise SnoreStop for one month. Are people really that desperate to make money?
9. A Town in Texas – The town of Albert is notable for its German heritage and laid back attitude. The offfer also included the title of Mayor and a beer garden.
8. Michael Jackson’s underwear – Michael Jackson’s boxer shorts were sold with a reserve price of $1 million Those better be gold plated for that price. They had been seized as evidence during a child molestation investigation.
7. The Meaning of Life – The seller claimed to have ‘discovered the reason for our existence’. The highest bidder paid $3.26. Just remember, Google is free for questions like these
6. A Baby – Ok, so this one is definitely weird. A couple in Europe put their baby on eBay for 1 Euro as a joke. Who sells their baby on eBay? Even as a joke, this is crossing the line. They briefly had the child removed from their custody and were investigated for child trafficking.
5. JFK’s Shooter’s Window - The window and frame from the shooter’s nest where Lee Harvey Oswald shot John F. Kennedy sold for $3 million. If you’ve got money to spend, why not.
4. A Used Tissue – Scarlett Johansson’s cold had a double celebrity value, as she caught is off Samuel Jackson. Ok, I know celebrities are famous and all but to buy a tissue with germs all over it, what are these people thinking. Her tissue raised $5,300 for charity.
3. Ghost in a Jar – The seller found a jar while metal detecting and was haunted by the contents. The item attracted (hoax) bids of up to $100 million. I’ve got a ghost in a jar too, how much would you pay for that?
2. A Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A seller offered a grilled cheese sandwich upon which the Virgin Mary had appeared. It sold for $28,000. If you’re artistic, you can make a career out of selling these things on eBay.
And the winner of the most weirdest thing sold on eBay is…
1. A Man’s Entire Life – That’s right, a living person’s life. Ian Usher sold his life for about $300,000. This included his house, car, jet ski, job, and introductions to his friends in Perth, Australia. Hope that money was worth it because he’s going to have to start all over again.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever sold?
- Information provided by Bing Videos