Buying your first home is a huge undertaking and commitment. Many people are drawn to Connecticut when house hunting due Connecticut’s strong historical background and natural beauty. Homes for sale in Connecticut can be pricey compared to other states. Here are some great tips you can use when purchasing your first home.
- Get out the map. Pick a few areas that interest you. Take a Saturday or Sunday and take a drive to those areas. Get a feel for the neighborhood and its surroundings. Make sure you would be happy living here before checking out any homes.
- Make a wish list. Buying your first home is exciting, but you need to make sure you know what you want in your first home. Remember finding that perfect home is difficult, so prioritize your wish list. You may find that certain things you want in your first home may not be so important after all.
- Get Pre-Approved. Take the time to get a pre-approval through your loan company before you head out and start looking at homes. Real Estate Agents will need to know what your price range is before you start looking. This will just help the process go smoother for you and your agent.
- Always be sure to use a Real Estate Agent. Now that you’ve chosen areas that interest you, it’s time to contact a local Real Estate Agent. A local Real Estate Agent will be able to assist you with the ins and outs of buying your first home. They can make the process less stressful for you as a new buyer. They also have access to a database full of listings in the areas you are interested in buying.
- Pick the right loan. After you’ve found the house of your dreams it now time to shop around for a good loan. As you have several options to choose from; banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, you’ll want to be sure you get the best rates you can for your first mortgage.
- Contact your insurance agent. Last, but not least, contact your insurance agent. Let them know you are buying a new home. You’ll want to sit down with your insurance agent and go through all the options you have to cover your new home.
Penny Hanley & Howley Insurance
Protecting YOU is our Job