So you own a restaurant and need to expand your marketing. Have you considered using social networking as a way to market your restaurant? Many restaurant owners want to use social tools to get more patrons to walk through the door, but just don’t know how. Here are 7 tips that can help you start marketing your restaurant using social media tools.
- Cover image-this is the most important thing for your Facebook page. You have 851×351 pixels to market your business, for free. Include beautiful pictures of your food on your cover image. Whether it’s just one picture or a collage of pictures. Picasa is great tool to use to make collages. Be sure to include a description on the picture of the food as well.
- Use Facebook Page Tabs– make use of the tabs on your Facebook page. This is a great way to entice people to visit your restaurant. The first four tabs are key, they show up on your front page and are easily viewable from a mobile devise.
- Images with posts-you are in the business of food and food is visual. Take pictures of your food and when you are posting specials for the day, post a picture to go with it. More people look at photos then just text posts.
- Promotions-post offers on your Facebook page for your fans. If they “like” your page offer them something special. Make sure to use a third party app per Facebook rules.
- Instagram– also great social tool for promoting your business through pictures. Instagram works seamless with Facebook. Be sure to use hashtags (#) when posting. This will increase awareness about both your Instragram profile and restaurant.
- Twitter– don’t forget to make use of Twitter when making posts. Post pictures as well as links to your menu for people to check out right from their phones. Remember to use hashtags here as well will relative keywords.
- Geo-tag…yes that what it is. On Facebook and twitter you can geo-tag your location when making posts. This helps draw traffic to your restaurant.
We hope these tips have been helpful in marketing your restaurant. And for all your restaurant insurance needs, contact Penny Hanley & Howley Insurance. We’ll be happy to go over all your options and help you choose what is best for your business.