We all know there are many things in our homes that are considered a poison to our families and pets. Two such things were discussed in our partner Renaissance Alliance current blog really stood out to us. Honestly neither came to the top of our mind, but should have. We always think about the cleaning chemicals or medications kept in our home. We thought we would share these two commonly found items in everyone’s home with you.
Button batteries. Those little batteries use in remote controls or greeting cards can be very toxic to a child. Also single portion laundry packets. Many of us have switched over to using these in our laundry. Because they are so colorful they are attractive to children who could think they are a toy.
Here are some other common items found in your home that are toxic to your family.
- Oven cleaner
- Drain opener
- Furniture polish
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Nail Products
- Rust remover
- Paint thinner
- Keep potential poisons in their original containers.
- DO NOT use food containers such as cups or bottles to store household and chemical products.
- Store food and household chemical products in separate areas. Mistaking one for the other could cause a serious poisoning.
- Read and follow the directions and caution labels on household chemical products before using them.
- Never mix household chemical products together. Mixing chemicals could cause a poisonous gas.
- Turn on fans and open windows when using household chemical products.
Penny Hanley & Howley Insurance
Protecting YOU is our Job